Air India is India's most well-known flag carrier, which operates flight services at international and domestic networks worldwide. Suppose you have made a flight reservation with Air India but later want to change the flight travel date due to a medical emergency. If the traveler cannot change the ticket date and faces some issues, they might wonder: How can I change my Air India ticket date? A flight date change is as simple as making a flight reservation. You can read the complete blog and get to know about the major details of it.
How can I change my flight date in Air India online?
If you choose to make the flight date change online mode and face a query, then visit the Air India customer service portal. The process of flight date change through the web is mentioned here below:
- Navigate to the official homepage of Air India.
- Subsequently, after that, you need to move to the "Manage Booking" tab.
- Now mention the booking reference number and last name of the passenger.
- Tap on the "Find my flight" button.
- The details of flight reservations will appear on-screen.
- Then select the flight for which you wish to change the date.
- Click on the "Change Flight" section.
- Make a selection of another date and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Proceed by making the payment for the change fee.
- The confirmation message for the flight change will be sent to your email id.
Does Air India allow date change?
Yes, date change is allowed but only before 24 hours of departure. No charges are applicable before 24 hours of departure of scheduled flight. Suppose you cannot change the date from the Air India customer service portal. Then the other option is to proceed with the flight change by using the official phone number of the airline. Call 1 (888) 634-1407, then listen to the on-call commands and choose the key for the flight change. The agent will be available soon to proceed with it.
Air India ticket date change policy
Travelers who want to change the date of their reservation must know about the airline's flight change policy, rules, and regulations. The significant points of the flight change policy are mentioned here below:
- If the travelers change the flight date within 24 hours of making the flight reservation, they will not be required to pay any flight change fees to the airlines. But for that, the flight departure must be after at least seven days or more.
- Suppose the change of flight date is made after 24 hours of booking the ticket; then airlines will charge the flight change fees. The fee charged by the airlines will depend upon the type of ticket.
- When the change in flight date is due to the passenger's medical emergency (such as illness, injury, etc.) or the death of a family member, then airlines will not charge change fees from the passenger. But for that, the traveler must submit the supporting medical documents or death certificate at the airport.
The above information will help you to know about the flight change policy and its procedures. And, they will not again wonder: How can I change my flight date in Air India online? If you need other information, you can visit the airport and talk directly with a live person.
- How do i contact Japan Airlines Osaka international Airport?
- How can I get ahold of Air Canada fast?
- How do I contact Thai Airways in India?
- Why is Allegiant number busy?
- How do I claim my Iberia refund?
- Where can I complain about Volaris?
- How Can I cancel my Spirit flights without penalty?
- How do I talk to someone at Allegiant Air?
- Why is Allegiant Air phone number busy?
- How do I connect to WestJet?